Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Shout It From The Housetops!


The genius of Christianity is that it is based on relationships.  I’ve never heard of anyone who sat in their bedroom, read the Bible, and decided to follow Jesus.  Jesus began His ministry by personally inviting people, “Follow Me.”  That same plan is still in effect today.

Today, in this bonus post, I’m asking for your help.  I’d like to get the word about this blog out to more people.  I think it’s a worthwhile effort because this blog is about following Jesus.  Here’s one of my favorite words from our Sponsor:
What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops.  (Matthew 10:27)
Would you get up on your virtual housetop (need a hint? what rhymes with SpaceBook… Critter… bee-mail?) and give Follow Illustrated a shout out?  But don’t just link to this site.  Well, do that!, but do it in the context of what following Jesus means to you.  I hate spam emails, but when a friend bothers to write a sentence about why they are passing something along to me, I always check out what they’re sending to me.

I deeply appreciate any effort you’ll make to share this blog.  More importantly, I deeply appreciate your commitment to follow Jesus and to help others follow Him as well.

Clark H Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment